The ultimate rags to riches story comes to The Bristol Hippodrome this Christmas in the magical family pantomime Dick Whittington, led by soap-sensation and musical theatre star Shane Richie.
Dick Whittington will bring the set, costumes and staging previously seen in Qdos Entertainment’s acclaimed production at the London Palladium to The Bristol Hippodrome with a brand-new script.
The much-loved story of Dick Whittington outwitting King Rat, winning Alice’s hand in marriage and becoming Lord Mayor of London will be brought to life with comedy, spectacle, live music and plenty of audience participation.
Having established himself as one of the nation’s favourite soap stars, Shane Richie has won numerous awards and millions of fans for his portrayal of Albert Square’s loveable landlord Alfie Moon in EastEnders. The King of the East End will hear the familiar peel of Bow Bells starring as our hero Dick, seeking his fame and fortune on the rat-infested streets of London this festive season.
Shane will be joined by Cbeebies favourite Jennie Dale who will play Queen Rat. Jennie Dale is known for playing Captain Captain in Swashbuckle on Cbeebies.
Qdos Entertainment’s managing director Michael Harrison said: “Following the amazing audience feedback we received about last year’s production of Cinderella we wanted to make sure that this year’s Bristol Hippodrome pantomime is even bigger and more magical than ever.
“The opportunity to once again bring our dazzling West End production values to the City was an opportunity we didn’t want to miss. The stunning scenery and effects in our Dick Whittington production will be a perfect setting for Shane Richie to bring his unique high-energy comedy to the panto stage.”
Jenny Hutchinson, Theatre Director at The Bristol Hippodrome, said: “Having secured the London Palladium set and staging, and a brand new script written exclusively for Shane Richie, we are delighted to be hosting Dick Whittington which will wow our Bristol audiences.
“The bar was set high with the incredible season we had with award nominated Cinderella last year starring Brian and Gok, and producers QDOS Entertainment are making sure Bristol is once again thrilled throughout the festive season. We can’t wait!”
Qdos Entertainment is the world’s biggest pantomime producer, staging 35 shows in towns and cities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Dick Whittington plays from Saturday 7 December 2019 until Sunday 5 January 2020 replacing the previously advertised production of Robin Hood. All tickets previously purchased for Robin Hood remain valid for Dick Whittington.
For tickets and more information visit atgtickets.com/Bristol or call 0844 871 3012*.
Tickets from £13 – Price Promise applicable on all performances
*calls cost up to 7p per minute plus your company’s access charge
- All entrants must comply with these terms and conditions in order for their entry to be considered a valid entry.
- This competition is open to people aged 13 and over.
- The competition starts at 9pm BST on December 2, 2019 and closes at 12pm BST on December 23, 2019.
- Entry to the competition is by ‘liking’ the The Interchange Facebook page/post, sharing the post and by tagging someone in the comments section
- Entries received by any other method cannot be considered.
- There is no limit to number of entries each person can make.
- Tickets are for the evening performance on January 2nd.
- The winner will be picked at random.
- The winner will be notified by being tagged into the announcement post on Facebook.
- Entrants agree to have their photo taken when collecting the prize for promotional purposes.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
- Promoter: The Interchange